Manage episode 361723740 series 3400591
Hey leader, if you find yourself in need of a dose of heartfelt goodness and encouragement today, take a listen to this episode of The Impact Ripple podcast with my dear friend and coach, Lee Chaix McDonough.
Lee is the Founder of Coach with Clarity, where she helps women in helping professions create flexible and meaningful businesses that serve their people and support their families – without selling their souls.
Interest peaked? I thought so! ;)
Lee shares her personal journey from being a psychotherapist living overseas with her family to supporting her husband in his business venture and eventually starting her own coaching business.
We discuss the cyclical nature of business and how entrepreneurs can navigate challenging times through meaning, mindset, and mindfulness.
I love Lee’s analogy that just like the earth needs fallow periods for the soil to regenerate, businesses also have periods of growth, harvest, and fallow seasons where things may be tough. Yes, even the multi-6 and 7-figure businesses out there.
She advises entrepreneurs to show up and do the work, trusting that the cycle will continue and growth will come again.
We also dive into Lee's book, Act on Your Business, which addresses the principals of meaning, mindset, and mindfulness through an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) lens. Lee shares that she wrote the book for herself and her clients as she found that ACT principles were applicable not just in a therapy room, but in life and business.
We discuss the importance of values in our personal lives, businesses, and families and emphasize that living a value-oriented life is simple but not easy, as sometimes our values can clash and compete with each other.
Finally, we talk about coaching styles and the importance of understanding our own coaching style as leaders to best support and guide our teams. This episode is one of those feel-good conversations that will leave you feeling inspired and motivated in life and business.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The cyclical nature of business and how entrepreneurs can navigate the challenging times with meaning, mindset, and mindfulness.
- The importance of values in life and business and how to prioritize them globally, as well as in the moment.
- The benefits of knowing and understanding your coaching style as a leader to better support and guide your team.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Impact Ripple Podcast #5: Building a Strong Foundation for Your Team with Core Values - https://www.sprouthr.co/5
- Coach With Clarity Podcast #153: Growing A Right Sized Business with Ashley Cox - https://www.coachwithclarity.com/growing-a-right-sized-business-with-ashley-cox
- ACT on Your Business Book - https://www.amazon.com/ACT-Your-Business-entrepreneurship-mindfulness-ebook/dp/B07LGF25Q2
- Discover Your Coaching Type - Coachingquiz.com