Manage episode 290924816 series 2286515
In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug Smith interviews John Mark Comer, Author of The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry and pastor of Bridgetown Church in Portland, Oregon. In the episode, you’ll hear Doug and John Mark discuss the importance of the sabbath, how to work from rest, and having a proper view of success.
6 Key Takes From Episode 275
- John Mark discusses “pleasure-stacking” on the Sabbath and his journey toward making the weekly sabbath a lifestyle.
- Comer talks about how painful it was for him to live the life of hurry.
- The levels of belief:
- What we say we believe
- What we think we believe
- What we really believe (Our true/core beliefs)
- Proper decision-making: Don’t make decisions from exhaustion, but with much rest and waiting. Comer also discuss how decisions should be made in community.
- John Mark shares his thoughts on success - what it looks like.
- In the digital age, we have to take digital Sabbath very seriously.
About John Mark Comer
Author John Mark Comer lives, works, and writes in the urban core of Portland, Oregon, with his wife, Tammy, and their three children, Jude, Moses, and Sunday.
He is the pastor for teaching and vision at Bridgetown Church soon to be transitioning to lead a new non-profit Practicing The Way.
Prior to planting Bridgetown, John Mark was the lead pastor of a suburban megachurch. Before that, he played in a band. John Mark has a master's degree in biblical and theological studies from Western Seminary and is the author of The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, God Has a Name, Garden City & Loveology. His next book is due out 9/28 entitled Live No Lies: Recognize and Resist the Three Enemies That Sabotage Your Peace.
For more of John Mark's teachings on the Scriptures, Jesus, and life, go to bridgetown.church and sign up for the podcast or visit www.johnmarkcomer.com.
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
Loveology by John Mark Comer
Garden City by John Mark Comer
God Has a Name by John Mark Comer