Manage episode 299022326 series 2812849
Pivoting in your business doesn’t have to be scary. Pivots are a necessary part of being a business owner. As entrepreneurs, we are always evolving and flowing. We have to adapt, we have to grow, and we have to learn to let go of things that no longer serve us. But sometimes, we're so close to our business, that it can be really hard to decipher when it's the right time to pivot, or really what we need to do.
In this episode, I am walking you through the seven biggest signs that it’s time to pivot in your business. I’ll go over what pivoting looks like, walk you through some relevant examples, and give you actionable steps on how to move forward. You can't stay doing what you're doing if you're not getting the results that you want. If a pivot is on the horizon for you, there are options to consider and actions to take to keep that forward momentum --and none of them include staying stuck where you are.
In this episode, we cover…
- Three things that are constantly changing in entrepreneurship
- The hardest part about pivoting
- Why you need to be willing to take the risk and let things go
- What to do when it’s time to pivot
- The best thing to do when you're seeing the signs to pivot
- What pivoting has to do with your ego and self-limiting beliefs
“Really start to define what you're chasing after so that you don't start chasing after ghosts. If you're overwhelmed, burned out, what would be fulfilling? What do you need? Because once you figure out what you need, you can figure out how to pivot and realign to support that.”
“Remember that what served you in the past doesn't always serve you forever. And it doesn't even have to be broken for us to need to make some changes. So really get clear on what you want and allow that to be your guiding light and your filter for what is going to work and what decisions you need to either keep going or let go.”
”Never pivot out of fear or lack or one-off events. Typically, that's when we need to persevere.”
“Typically, the reason we have so much resistance to changing or pivoting or even persevering is because of us. Not because of the business. It's because of our fears, our limiting beliefs, our ego, and what people are going to think.”
”The reason that pivoting and making changes and figuring out what to do in these situations is so hard is not because it's over complicated. It’s not because you don't really know the answer. It's because it takes quite a bit of inner work in order to take action and move forward.”
“You can't keep doing what you're doing the exact way you're doing it forever. It's not the nature of being an entrepreneur, it's not the nature of business.”
Thanks for listening, and if you like what you've heard, feel free to share this episode with your friends! There are so many amazing women waiting to discover the Laptop Lifestyle, and I'd love you to help me spread the word.
Don't forget to screenshot this episode and share it on your Insta stories to win a free
coaching call with me!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Head over to AmandaKolbye.com for more business tips and resources for the traveling entrepreneurs.
- Subscribe and Listen to The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
- Review the Laptop Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- The Laptop Lifestyle Bootcamp is opening soon for enrollment! Get on the waitlist right here!
- Join the waitlist for the $5k Accelerator right here!
- My NEW YouTube Channel has launched, and you can find the first episode right here.
- Check out The Content Kit Mini-Course to get my foolproof system for creating, storing, and organizing your content so you can stop feeling overwhelmed!
- The Instagram Business Blueprint is a great tool for advanced Instagram marketing and sales if you’re ready to level up your IG game!