Manage episode 373042083 series 3480903
There is no one-size-fits-all formula for peer-to-peer fundraising events. The most successful programs excel in different ways, some by engaging corporate teams, others by involving family and community teams. While some programs consist of numerous smaller events, others focus on a select number of large-scale events. The revenue sources also vary, with some programs heavily reliant on sponsorships and others predominantly driven by peer-to-peer fundraising.
Rather than relying on a single strategy, top-performing programs leverage various approaches to find success. Top fundraising programs are always seeking opportunities for small-scale enhancements that, when combined, can lead to exponential growth.
In this episode, join Marcie Maxwell from P2PPF as she sits down with Jana Bearden, the Vice President for Campaign Development, Community Initiatives at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). They will dig into the secrets behind Light The Night's remarkable revenue rebound post-pandemic and discuss how incremental changes are generating significant results.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- Strategies employed by LLS to gain buy-in from staff and volunteers.
- The significance of prioritizing goal planning in addition to goal setting.
- Techniques used by LLS to foster a "plus-up" mentality among their staff.
Stay Connected on LinkedIn
- (00:00) - Welcome to The P2P Soap Box
- (01:42) - Introducing Jana Bearden
- (07:10) - The Rebound
- (11:52) - Digging Into the Lanterns
- (14:36) - Motivating Toward Growth
- (21:36) - Break-out Markets
- (25:32) - What's Up Next?
- (33:02) - Get Involved!