Manage episode 233279222 series 2481035
Hosted by Rob Arnott, Communications and Member Engagement Manager, Sport and Recreation Alliance (@RobArnott99).
To mark Mental Health Awareness Week, we welcome a number of guests to the show. Ben Jessup, Policy Adviser at the Alliance, sits down with Hayley Jarvis, Mind’s Head of Physical Activity to discuss the Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation and the importance of workplace wellbeing, before the Alliance’s Policy Support Officer, Rasteen Riyahi-Boni, talks to Liz Purbrick, Inclusion Manager at England Athletics and Kate Bone, one of the organisation’s mental health champions, about their #RunAndTalk campaign.
You can find the resources and programmes referenced throughout the episode via the links below:
- Mind’s sport, physical activity and mental health hub: www.mind.org.uk/sport
- Thriving at Work resource: www.mind.org.uk/about-us/our-policy-work/sport-physical-activity-and-mental-health/thriving-at-work-guide
- Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation: www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/pages/mental-health-charter-homepage
- England Athletics’ Run and Talk programme: www.englandathletics.org/mentalhealth
- Mental Health at Work toolkit for sport: www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk/sport
- England Athletics #RunAndRevise programme: www.runandrevise.co.uk
And remember, if you like what you’ve heard in this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues.
If you have an idea for a future episode or would like to discuss any of the topics covered in the podcast, please do get in touch. You can reach us on Twitter @sportrectweets or you can email us on email@example.com.