Manage episode 364610241 series 3302166
In episodes one and two from this four-part series, we talked about:
- Consistency and how not incorporating variety in the small things can add up to aversions elsewhere in the diet of picky eaters (part one; episode 134)
- Crutches and how we can stunt our family's growth and/or our child's development when we lean too much on a given love it food (part two, episode 135)
Now, as we dive into the third C that can perpetuate picky eating and poor nutrition, we get into the Crinkly & Cute nature of pre-packaged foods.
As a busy mom of three myself, I know that having foods ready to go is key to being successful at snack time. However, just as the consistency of these packaged foods can create challenges and over-offering them can create an unhealthy crutch, we need to tune into the risks that come with cute and crinkly packages as well.
Because beyond the nutrition that is often the assumed evil in snack foods, I see the marketing to our kids with such snack foods making an even bigger issue.
Tune in to the episode for some easy to implement action steps you can take immediately for healthier summer snacking.
- Want to get on the waitlist for Mealtimes Made Easy Method? Sign up here for more info when registration opens in June.
- Check out the YouTube video of this episode here.
- Get your FREE cheatsheet to 72 of my favorite healthy kids snack foods here.
- Ready to take the next step in improving your family's meals and snacks? Schedule a free 30-minute strategy session with me here.