Manage episode 308229162 series 85988
If you were to look at my LinkedIn profile headline or the main menu on my website, you might see a title that you don't recognize:
A lot of people ask me exactly what a Fractional CMO is and what I do as one, while others, after learning about it, want to follow in my footsteps.
So what exactly is a Fractional CMO? And why might you want to hire one to help you with your digital marketing?
Listen in as I reveal all!
[02:31] How My Journey Into Becoming A Fractional CMO Began
[04:13] What Got Me Into Fractional CMO
[06:30] The Reason I Wrote The Age of Influence Book
[07:22] What Are the Requirements to Become A Fractional CMO?
[08:48] The Concept Of A CMO
[09:23] Ways of Working With Fractional CMO
[10:19] The Bad Side of Being Fractional CMO
[13:10] The Key Benefit of A Fractional CMO
[13:23] Fractional CMO vs External Consultant
[14:16] My Role As A Fractional CMO
- It's the reason why I'm writing my next book on general digital marketing. Because so many companies wanted help with their influencer marketing, yet, there were so many other things they needed help with.
- This requires obviously, to have a certain amount of experience that you could create and implement a digital and social media marketing strategy for any business.
- Social media changes over time, you know how well you perform on the different digital marketing channels changes over time. So the needs are always evolving.
- In other words, you may want to work with a fractional CMO, they may not have the capacity, the bandwidth to work with you. But I believe it is great because it allows you to work with different companies. It allows you to gain experience working with different companies in different industries.
- In other words, if you're not quite ready to hire a full-time CMO, but don't want to outsource your marketing leads to an agency or a general project-based consultant, a fraction of the CMO brings experienced leadership to help accelerate your strategic objectives, and reach the next level growth and profitability.
- The role that a fractional CMO will play will come down to a combination of the needs of the company hiring them, and the skills and experience that the marketing professional brings to the table.
- If we can find the right person, I hope this really opens your eyes to the potential because look, digital marketing, can be done anywhere in the world, but it requires a lot of different skill sets. And there aren't a lot of really, really experienced people out there.
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Contact Me about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/contact/
- The Age of Influence Free Preview: https://nealschaffer.com/age-of-influence-preview
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- Learn More about This Podcast: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com