Adopting Children and Business Principles: How Founder Dave Smith Gives Back through $10 Million Company
Manage episode 375563740 series 3336954
Join us as we follow Dave Smith, a construction business owner, on his journey of facing financial challenges and personal hardships as an entrepreneur. But just when it seemed like things were turning around for Dave, a shocking twist leaves him questioning everything he's worked for. Master craftsman, visionary builder, and tireless entrepreneur, Dave Smith is the founder of Smith House Design and Build, a home remodeling company that has been transforming houses into dream homes for over 18 years. From its humble beginnings as a grassroots venture, assembled from the sawdust and dreams of a history graduate turned construction assistant, the company has grown into a $10 million enterprise. Dave's extraordinary journey carries the hallmark of relentless determination, the thrill of enterprise, and a dedication to continuous learning that not only set the foundations of his company but also propelled its growth story.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Explore a remarkable entrepreneurial story in the home remodeling field that can provide actionable insights for your own pursuits.
- Learn why grasping opportunities is instrumental in sculpting a thriving entrepreneurial landscape.
- Expose the challenges and unexpected benefits of experiencing financial hurdles as a business owner..
- Visit the Smith House Design and Build website to learn more about their services and view their portfolio of past projects
- Contact Smith House Design and Build to schedule a consultation for your home remodeling or renovation project.
- Take advantage of the in-house design services offered by Smith House Design and Build to create the perfect vision for your home.
- Consider joining the Smith House Design and Build team if you are a skilled carpenter or have experience in the home remodeling industry.
“But I guess to me, money and capitalism and business, it's kind of like the internet. It's not necessarily good or bad, but it can be used for good or bad and it's not something to ignore, it's something to own. And it's a very important thing that we need to steward and use for good.”
Books and Resources
Connect with Dave Smith:
Connect with us
Got comments, feedback or suggestions? We’d love to hear it! https://www.adversity2abundance.com/contact/
Follow Labrador Lending
Connect with Jamie