Manage episode 359126211 series 3444205
In this episode Carlton and David dip their toes into the style vs function debate in archaeology. This debate towards material culture stems from the transition of the Culture History approach into the New Archaeology paradigm of the mid 20th century. David and Carlton talk about the origin of the debate then provide several case-studies to illustrate their point. Per usual, the episode goes off the rails half way through the episode and somehow N*Sync, Elon Musk, and the next gen gaming consoles get brought up. As is tradition.
If you have left a podcast review on iTunes or Spotify, please email us at email@example.com so we can get shipping information to send you a sticker.
If you are listening to this episode on the "Archaeology Podcast Network All Shows Feed," please consider subscribing to the "A Life in Ruins Podcast" channel to support our show. Listening to and downloading our episodes on the A Life in Ruins channel helps our podcast grow. So please, subscribe to the A Life in Ruins Podcast, hosted by the Archaeology Podcast Network, on whichever platform you use to listen to us on the "All Shows Feed." Please support our show by following our channel.
For rough transcripts of this episode go to https://www.archpodnet.com/ruins/149
- Style and Function: A Fundamental Dichotomy by Robert C. Dunnell 1978
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @alifeinruinspodcast
- Facebook: @alifeinruinspodcast
- Twitter: @alifeinruinspod
- Website: www.alifeinruins.com
- Ruins on APN: https://www.archaeologypodcastnetwork.com/ruins
- Store: https://www.redbubble.com/people/alifeinruins/shop
- APN Website: https://www.archpodnet.com
- APN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/archpodnet
- APN on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/archpodnet
- APN on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/archpodnet
- Tee Public Store