Manage episode 268879520 series 2568385
Danny Lehmann is a leader in Youth With A Mission (YWAM), an international missions and church planting thrust that has had a tremendous world-wide Kingdom impact. In this podcast, Danny will be talking with us on the subject of vision. Specifically, we’ll be talking about a Biblical pattern for seeing and receiving God’s vision for our lives and ministries.
Danny is keen on the subject of church life as well, having served for many years with Pastor Bill Stonebraker at Calvary Chapel Honolulu.
YWAM has been, from its inception, big on hearing God's voice, obeying His voice, and persevering through the word commanded by that voice. YWAM founder Loren Cunningham has modeled that approach, and YWAMers have sought to emulate his pattern.
Danny Lehmann has written four books on evangelism: Go! The Excitement of Personal Evangelism, For the Gospel’s Sake, Bringin’ Em Back Alive, and Beautiful Feet. He has also written on the subject of spiritual discipline: Before You Hit the Wall, as well as STOKED! Firing Up Your Passion for God. His latest book is entitled The Next Big Thing: How Little Choices Can Make a Big Impact.
Danny lives in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, with his wife Linda and now serves as part of the leadership team for YWAM Kona.
NOTES from Danny's 5 Points about asking for, receiving, and implementing the vision the Lord gives us:
1) The PRAYER FOR THE VISION.
- Nehemiah 1:1-10 … his vision was initiated by God and prayed through by Nehemiah.
- Also Habakkuk 1:2-4; 12-17 … he cried out to God because of the injustice in the land and the LORD’s seeming indifference to it all.
2) THE POSTURE FOR RECEIVING THE VISION. (we must do the possible)
- Habakkuk 2:1 I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected.
3) THE PROPHETIC WORD THE DETAILS OF THE VISION.
- Habakkuk 2:2 “Write the vision and make it plain upon tablets that he that reads it may run.”
4) FOR THE PROLIFERATION OF THE VISION.
- The vision must cast so that others may run with it.
- Habakkuk 2:2-3 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, It will not tarry.
5) PERSEVERANCE TO OBEY THE VISION.
- Often there is a “death of a vision,” so that God’s will and word can be resurrected.