Agenda Item 24.3 - To Feel Seen. To Feel Heard. Representation Matters! (Diversity: PART 3) | #TheGovernorsPodcast
Manage episode 328093434 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- What Are The 9 Protected Characteristics of the Equality Act 2010?
- Speaking From Lived Experiences
- The Importance of Representation - How You Can Attract, Find and Recruit Diverse Governors Who Feel A Connection To Your Environment / School Community - What You Say vs. What You Do… Matters!
- Diversity Begins With The Mind - How Do You Think? How Do You Navigate the World?
- Steven Bartlett quote: The person who makes you smarter isn’t always the smartest one in the room. Often it’s the most curious one in the room. “Why do we do that?” Leads you to question old assumptions. “What is?” Opens your eyes to new possibilities. Inquisitive people are catalysts for learning.
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
Interested in diversifying your boards and governing bodies, specifically in terms of age, visit Education Governance Solutions - Transforming Students: https://educationgovernancesolutions.com/transforming-students/
'We need more school governors who look like me' BBC News Article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60912316
GovernorHub / The Key’s Report: https://schoolgovernors.thekeysupport.com/the-governing-body/recruitment-and-competence/recruit-missing-talent-resources-help-you-tackle-diversity-your-board/?marker=full-search-q-recruit%20missing%20talent-result-1
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governor's Podcast launched in February 2021
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 1-2 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer