Manage episode 348634434 series 42508
Part of enjoying life is taking care of your brain. So I wanted to invite Dr. Andrew Huberman (one of the world's leading neuroscientists) back on to tell us how to create happy chemicals in our brains (naturally) and feel good more often.
Here's a list of what we talked about:
- How to optimize your brain to be as happy as possible, as energetic as possible, and as smart as possible
- How to create more happy chemicals
- Human evolution and why our brain functions the way it does
- The purpose of serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin, and how to create each of these daily
- Why gratitude helps us slow down and connect
- Different mental health drugs and supplements
- The power of sunlight
- How to train your brain to focus
- What causes good sleep
- Books we recommend
- How to shake off the residue of the day
And if you want to learn more from Dr. Andrew Huberman, check out his Instagram account, @hubermanlab, which brings you new information directly from Stanford Medical School's Huberman Lab.
Visit Notepd.com to read our idea lists & sign up to create your own!
My new book Skip the Line is out! Make sure you get a copy wherever books are sold!
Join the You Should Run for President 2.0 Facebook Group, where we discuss why you should run for President.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this episode, please rate, review, and subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: