Uniting Corporate Social Impact & Peer-to-Peer Fundraising with Sport Clips’ Amanda Palm & St. Baldrick’s Foundations Robyn Raphael
Manage episode 376754331 series 3480903
At many nonprofit organizations, peer-to-peer fundraising programs and corporate partnerships live on separate teams with different goals and often competing priorities. However, there is a clear connection between the two.
Not only can a peer-to-peer fundraising program serve as an entry point for a new corporate partner, it can also be a great way to deepen relationships with existing corporate partners through employee engagement. In the same vein, adding a cause marketing campaign can amplify a peer-to-peer program sponsor’s impact on our missions.
At their core, both peer-to-peer and corporate fundraising campaigns empower supporters to ask for donations on the behalf of the organization - and when you leverage the two initiatives in tandem, that’s when a true win-win-win partnership can be created for all teams involved.
In this episode, the Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum’s Marcie Maxwell and Engage For Good’s Alli Murphy are joined by Robyn Raphael, Director of Corporate Partnerships for St. Baldrick’s Foundation and Amanda Palm, Director of Communications & Partnerships at Sport Clips. The group discusses how St. Baldrick’s signature peer-to-peer head-shaving events - a consistent member of the P2P US Top 30 - led to a natural partnership between the childhood cancer charity and the sports-themed hair care franchise and its stylists. Robyn and Amanda will share their secrets to building a strong working relationship and how they work together to grow both of their businesses.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How peer-to-peer fundraising can serve as a platform for employee engagement
- What it takes to create & sustain a mutually beneficial partnership
- The importance of listening and trust in a nonprofit-corporate partnership
Stay Connected on LinkedIn
- (00:00) - Welcome to the P2P Soapbox
- (01:00) - Worlds Collide! Corporate Social Impact + P2P
- (02:28) - Introdicing Amanda Palm and Robynand Kent
- (07:34) - Shaving for Purpose
- (11:16) - The Right Fit Partner
- (15:48) - Sustaining through the Pandemic
- (20:24) - The Partnership Grows
- (22:57) - Questions of Labor and Retention
- (31:38) - Trust & Tips
- (38:44) - Learn More