Manage episode 303521707 series 2453796
The Response is officially back for a 4th season. Over the next few months, we’ll be increasing the frequency of the show and releasing new episodes at least every other week. We’ve already got a number of exciting interviews and roundtable discussions lined up.
We also encourage you to watch our award-winning 30-minute micro-budget documentary film on Youtube: “The Response: How Puerto Ricans Are Restoring Power to the People."
For the 9th audio documentary episode of The Response, we’re going to focus on an issue that isn’t talked about hardly enough: energy poverty. When temperatures rise to the point where they become dangerous, what happens to people who can’t escape the heat?
The transcript is available here: shareable.net/heatwaves-and-energy-poverty-in-the-mediterraneanThe Response with Tom Llewellyn is a podcast series from Shareable.net exploring how communities are building collective resilience in the wake of disasters
- Host and executive producer: Tom Llewellyn
- Series producer (+ research and scriptwriting for this episode): Robert Raymond
- Theme Music: “Meet you on the other side” by Cultivate Beats
- Additional music: Belong, Fugazi, and Chris Zabriskie
- original artwork was created by Kane Lynch
This episode features:
- Eleni Myrivili, Chief Heat Officer for the City of Athens (the first person to hold this title – recently featured in New York Times).
- Lidija Živčič is the senior expert at the FOCUS Association for Sustainable Development and a coordinator at EmpowerMed.
- Mònica Guiteras, a member of the Alliance Against Energy Poverty in Catalonia, and Engineers Without Borders.
- Martha Myers, energy poverty campaigner at Friends of the Earth Europe and the coordinator of the Right to Energy Coalition.
- Narrated by Tom Llewellyn.