Manage episode 363303478 series 1102186
"The fascist junta of the potato people" Back in the distant mists of time, when Ian first dreamt up the idea of getting Danny and I to read through all the Smegazines and record a podcast series about it, no doubt issues like this were front and centre of his mind. Historically significant pieces on ancient DJs? Check. Some hot Wraggy action? Check. Potatits? You bet ya. *gestures vaguely at insane original comic strips*? Uh-huh. Needless to say, this was a fun one.
- Danny's brother on Bad Influence - he's the one fist-pumping on the right of frame after the pool shot.
- Wiffle Lever To Full by Bob Fischer is the book in which Cappsy is carried off on the shoulders of his fellow Red Dwarf fans.
- The Angel Hotel in Northampton was somewhat bigger and grander than our initial research suggested. It burnt down in 2012 and is currently being redeveloped.
- Clip from Parallel 9 with Robert and Craig.
- A good blog about the making of Parallel 9.
- The Abso-smegging-lutely Unofficial Red Dwarf Cookbook.
- Ian looking discerningly at a bowl of gazpacho soup.
- Flap Jack's comprehensive guide to the edits made in the Omnibus.
- G&TV: The Reconstructed Heart.
- Brian Harvey vs baked potatoes.
- G&T's 2004 interview with Peter Tyler.
- Seb Patrick's Beyond The Touchline podcast on Roy of the Rovers and other football comics.