Manage episode 366487560 series 1102186
"The Gall of Gary Barlow" The third Red Dwarf DVD was released twenty years ago this November. It's time for another voyage of re-disc-overy, as we cast our minds back to a time of the online retail wild west, blossoming friendships and intense fansite rivalry. Although in practice, we probably spend more time reminiscing about our early Dimension Jump experiences than anything else, thanks to the choice of extra to receive the commentary treatment this time round, Hattie's DJ Diary. The surrounding, extremely waffley discussion takes in such topics as Red Dwarf's history with the AA, Craig Charles's overdue royalty payments, and farting in Ronnie Corbett's face. Each and every special feature is covered, we just hope that whatever you're using to watch your DVDs these days can actually access the menus...
- Celebrity Home Secrets was the programme in which Craig Charles revisted his former houses, but we couldn't find a copy online.
- Our Backwards Forwards commentary from 2013
- Some Saturday morning quim for you
- Our Series III deleted scenes commentary, also from 2013
- There are no further Series III trailers to be found on YouTube sadly, but here's a link to Jim Lynn's VHS Video Vault anyway.
- G&T's 2003 report on the fake DVD cover, and the subsequent explanation.