Manage episode 331046968 series 2135834
We jump aboard Hair Force One and are a bit let down. We get into why. Plus Mike's first impressions of the HP Dev One laptop.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- WWDC 2022 Live - JupiterTube — Watch the playback of the Jupiter Broadcasting WWDC 2022 Watch-a-Long stream.
- iOS 16: Features and everything new — Apple has officially unveiled iOS 16 with new features focused on customization, communication, and more. Right off the bat, the company says that iOS 16 brings an all-new lock screen with a slew of new customization options. Head below for the details.
- iOS 16 requires an iPhone 8 — iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, and 7 are all getting dropped in the next update.
- Apple Announces Multi-Display CarPlay With Integrated Speedometer, Climate Controls, and More — Apple today announced significant enhancements coming to CarPlay, including support for multiple displays in a vehicle, built-in climate controls for adjusting the A/C or heat temperature without leaving the CarPlay interface, and more.
- Apple brings ‘undo send’ to iMessage
- Apple reveals new Notification Center features for iOS 16 at WWDC 2022
- Apple announces new redesigned MacBook Air at WWDC — Apple today announced its next-generation MacBook Air, starting at $1199, featuring the just-announced M2 chip inside. The new MacBook Air has a redesigned enclosure and comes in striking new case colors.
- Apple announces new flagship M2 processor — Much like the original M1 chip, the new M2 uses Apple’s custom Arm silicon, and it’s built on a 5nm process complete with 20 billion transistors — 25 percent more than the original M1. All of these transistors should boost performance, and Apple is promising a 18 percent faster CPU, and 35 percent faster GPU inside the M2 compared to the original M1.
- MetalFX is Apple's take on upscaling tech for games — Metal 3 will include support for MetalFX Upscaling. Your Mac will render smaller frames that are less compute-intensive. MetalFX will upscale the visuals and apply temporal anti-aliasing.
- iOS 16 Makes It Easier to Share Photos With Family Using New Shared iCloud Library
- M2 MacBooks Still Officially Support Only a Single External Display
- iOS 16 Will Require Apps to Ask Users for Permission to Access the Clipboard
- macOS 13 Ventura Lets You Use Your iPhone's Camera as a Webcam — As part of its macOS 13 Ventura presentation at WWDC 2022, Apple today announced Continuity Camera, which gives Mac owners the ability to use their iPhone as a webcam.
- macOS Ventura Drops Support for Older Macs, Works With 2017 and Later Machines — The new macOS Ventura software that was introduced today is compatible with many of the Macs that were able to run macOS Monterey, but it does drop support for some Mac models from 2014 through 2016, according to Apple's webpage for the update.
- Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS 13 Ventura to Developers — After today's keynote event that saw the unveiling of macOS 13 Ventura, the newest version of the Mac operating system, Apple has seeded the first beta of the new software to developers for testing purposes.
- Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 to Developers — Following the conclusion of today's keynote event that saw the unveiling of new versions of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS, Apple has made the first betas of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 available to developers for testing purposes.
- Send a Boost: Grab a New Podcast App — Send a boost into the show with a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app.
- Breez - Boost without Switching Podcast Apps — Breez is a simple and quick way to send a Boost without switching your podcast app.