Manage episode 300597664 series 2812961
Apurva Shah and Jack Yen are managing partners at JAYS Properties, LLC, helping their clients invest in high-growth markets and bringing them above-average returns. They drop by in our podcast to share their journey as real estate investors and reveal the reality of investing in mobile home parks. Aside from practical tips to raise money in this space, they also share their bigger “why” that drives them to work their best every single day.
Listen to Apurva and Jack to grow a mobile home portfolio while working full time!
[00:01 – 04:07] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Apurva Shah and Jack Yen
- They talk about their journey to real estate investing
[04:08 – 14:33] Don’t Accept a No So Easily
- Apurva and Jack tells us the reality about finding the right real estate partner
- Why they’ve chosen mobile homes for their portfolio
- Apurva doesn’t personally accept a no, and here’s why
[14:34 – 23:43] How to Build Safe Communities
- Apurva and Jack explain the ins and outs of mobile home parks
- How they measure safety in a community
- The biggest factor in their underwriting decisions
[23:44 – 34:00] How to Balance Investing and Working Full Time
- Don’t miss their secrets in managing their mobile home portfolio!
- Investing in real estate and working full time in a W2 job
- Where to find the right people in real estate
[34:01 – 40:17] The Best Investment An Investor Can Make
- The best investment you can make according to Jack
- The importance of mindset in real estate investing
- They break down the lessons they learned from their recent deal
[40:18 – 46:06] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you've made?
- Mobile home parks for Apurva
- Escape Rooms for Jack
- What's your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Basketball and running for Jack
- Travelling, snowboarding, and wakeboarding for Apurva
- What offers you the most fulfillment in life?
- Creating a safe community for both of them
- Connect with Apurva and Jack. Links available below.
“If we’re gonna be syndicating capital and we’re taking on other people’s money, I wanna treat it as my own because I personally don’t wanna lose any money..." – Apurva Shah
“Stepping away from your high paying job is always very difficult but that partnership, that passion, that you have someone that you can rely on, that’s definitely put me in a much better position..." – Jack Yen
Check out JAYS Properties to start investing in mobile homes!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.