70th Anniversary, Announcement James D. Watson And Francis Crick Discovered Structure Of DNA Molecule (28th February 1953) - Flipside 10
Manage episode 358419433 series 1309112
The discovery of the structure of the DNA molecule is one of the most important scientific advancement events of our history, because of it we can trace genetic ancestries, determine relation, alter or determine the most appropriate agricultural species for a region, develop targeted medicines, etc. etc. etc. This is a significant anniversary that we at The Flipside are privileged to be able to explore with Dr. Maria Nieves-Colón, who is an educator and anthropological geneticist at the University of Minnesota, the lab that Dr. Nieves-Colón is a scientist with there produces some truly exceptional research. This was a truly wonderful and informative discussion, that was genuinely inspiring. Ancient DNA is an important aspect of our toolkit which does not hold all the answers but can enhance our interpretation as archaeologists.
- The Virtual Museum - muafrosanluis.pe - This project it truly brilliant and incredibly expressive so do take a look!
- Check out the work of… Dr. Jada Benn Tores and Dr. Raquel Fleskes.
- For further anthropological genetics news, scholars, etc. the AAAG (American Association of Anthropological Genetics).
- Intro/Outro Music - Creative Commons - "Fantasia Fantasia" Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com ). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License. Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0
Intro/Outro Music - Creative Commons - "Fantasia Fantasia" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- APN Website: https://www.archpodnet.com
- APN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/archpodnet
- APN on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/archpodnet
- APN on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/archpodnet
- Tee Public Store