Manage episode 376790256 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode) we begin Season 4 and a new academic year with a guest speaker;
- Nick Hudson, former CEO of Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT), joins us to discuss juggling operational and strategic leadership
- What does the role of a CEO of a 40+ schools Multi-Academy Trust look like?
- The recruitment process of a MAT Chief Executive - Are there key skills and qualities to keep in mind?
- Navigating the communication channels and relationships between all stakeholders, ensuring local governors feel connected within the whole trust - How does the size of the trust and its geographical spread impact this? What are the concerns and benefits of schools joining a trust?
- Reflecting on years of service to Education and life after decades in the sector
Thank you for tuning into our show. We appreciate you, our listeners.
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
National Association of Schools and College Clerks (NASCC) - https://www.nascc.co.uk/
National Black Governors Network (NBGN) - https://nbgn.co.uk/
CONNECT WITH US
Sharon Warmington (School Governor; Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner)
Olivia D Hinds (Committee Chair for Teaching and Learning; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor)
The Governors' Podcast (TGP) is a brand of Education Governance Solutions @Limited
TGP is sponsored by GovernorHub/Knowledge
Current release schedule: Term time Wednesdays @ 7am (approx. 1-2 per month).
TGP defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork and Production - Onevma Limited
Theme Music - Hertz Beats, UK Producer