Manage episode 371464572 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode) we discuss;
- The finale of Season 3 of this podcast and its recent achievement, ranked No.4 out of 70 for the Best UK Education podcasts across 1000s - https://blog.feedspot.com/uk_education_podcasts/
- An email from a listener about the experiences of being a young governor on governing boards
- How the education space is changing based on influences such as technology, digital and artificial intelligence (AI), and the benefits of having the right people in governance structures to contribute to and navigate the shifting landscape
- The Department for Education’s letter to governors and trustees of secondary schools about GCSE and A Level qualification results 2023 - https://tinyurl.com/3vbch6mx (Dr Jo Saxton, Chief Regulator of Ofqual)
- Ensuring narrative is included with performance data. Here’s a summary of the timeline of qualification results for exam year students: 2019 = last year of external examinations and national grading before the COVID pandemic, 2020 = Centre Assessed Grades (CAGs), 2021 = Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs), 2022 = first year back to external examinations with *inflated/adjusted* national grading, 2023 = return to pre-pandemic national grading
Thank you for tuning into our show. We appreciate you, our listeners.
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
National Association of Schools and College Clerks (NASCC) - https://www.nascc.co.uk/
National Black Governors Network (NBGN) - https://nbgn.co.uk/
CONNECT WITH US
Sharon Warmington (School Governor; Professional Clerk; Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner)
Olivia D Hinds (Committee Chair for Teaching and Learning; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor)
The Governors' Podcast (TGP) is a brand of Education Governance Solutions @Limited
TGP is sponsored by GovernorHub/Knowledge
Current release schedule: Term time Wednesdays @ 7am (approx. 1-2 per month).
TGP defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork and Production - Onevma Limited
Theme Music - Hertz Beats, UK Producer