Manage episode 363526204 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode) we discuss;
- How to give and receive constructive criticism - Being a critical friend
- How environments can influence how you show up - The significance of preparing for meetings to avoid awkward silences
- Navigating different personalities and delivery styles when communicating
- What are your barriers to success and/or progression? Suggestions and considerations for all in school governance - Be honest. Conduct meetings in favour of the governors and trustees. Claim travel expenses as appropriate. Do the best you can, with what you have.
- How to tap into the resources in your networks, including organisations in the community, teachers in training, and the clerk / governance professional
Thank you for tuning into our show. We appreciate you, our listeners.
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
National Association of Schools and College Clerks (NASCC) - https://www.nascc.co.uk/
National Black Governors Network (NBGN) - https://nbgn.co.uk/
CONNECT WITH US
Sharon Warmington (School Governor; Professional Clerk; Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner)
Olivia D Hinds (Committee Chair for Teaching and Learning; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor)
The Governors' Podcast (TGP) is a brand of Education Governance Solutions @Limited
TGP is sponsored by GovernorHub/Knowledge
Current release schedule: Term time Wednesdays @ 7am (approx. 1-2 per month).
TGP defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork and Production - Onevma Limited
Theme Music - Hertz Beats, UK Producer