Manage episode 346618851 series 42508
Brain researcher Marc Milstein, Ph.D. joins today's conversation to discuss The Age-Proof Brain: New Strategies to Improve Memory, Protect Immunity, and Fight Off Dementia. Dr. Milstein and James discuss good brain habits, the link between gut health and brain health, and strategies to lower your risk for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Additional topics include:
- Brain shrinkage after age 40 (00:06:43)
- How sleep aids affect the 'brain washing' process (00:12:04)
- Anxiety and depression's impact on dementia (00:17:15)
- How diet affects performance (00:35:48)
- Alpha GPC and nootropics (00:37:02)
- The gut-brain connection (00:40:21)
- The Seven Second Memory Rule (00:51:19)
Visit Notepd.com to read our idea lists & sign up to create your own!
My new book Skip the Line is out! Make sure you get a copy wherever books are sold!
Join the You Should Run for President 2.0 Facebook Group, where we discuss why you should run for President.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this episode, please rate, review, and subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: