Manage episode 294400978 series 2286515
In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you’ll hear Doug share a lesson entitled, “Life at 36.” Each year, around his birthday, Doug spends some time reflecting on where he is and what he’s learning at that age and then he shares his takeaways with you. Regardless of your ages, we’d encourage you to do the same exercise. Remember, the best experience isn’t experience, it’s evaluated experience.
ABOUT DOUG SMITH:
Doug is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He is the host of the L3 Leadership podcast and he is a sought after public speaker.
He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as the Head of Manufacturing at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.
CONNECT WITH DOUG:
Key Take-Aways From Episode 278:
In the episode, Doug shares 8 key insights into what he’s learning at 36. Here are the lessons he shares in this episode:
- At 36, I am more Grateful for Life than I ever have been
- At 36, I’m focused on Leading my Family Team
- At 36, God is giving me something to say
- At 36, I’m focused on Listening and Learning from Others Experiences
- At 36, I have the opportunity to live out my passion and purpose daily:
- At 36, I’m more convinced than ever that consistency compounds
- At 36, I’m focused on developing deep friendships
- At 36, I’m more convinced than ever that living for God is all that matters.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 276:
Today Matters by John Maxwell