Manage episode 364878171 series 2885910
In this episode of the Late Learner podcast, host Alison Hare and guest Cindy Robinson discuss ADHD and share tools and tricks for navigating it. As a parent of a recently diagnosed child, Alison shares her personal experience with ADHD, while Cindy provides expert insights from her work as a parent and teen coach. They also address the difference between ADHD symptoms and trauma or shame responses. The episode includes crowdsource questions and fun facts, including the surprising truth that people with ADHD make for great entrepreneurs.
- [00:02:02] ADHD and Entrepreneurship.
- [00:04:23] ADHD prevalence and culture.
- [00:08:19] ADHD and dopamine deficiency.
- [00:13:55] Fueling productivity with dopamine.
- [00:17:00] ADHD as a superpower.
- [00:19:16] ADHD kids and unstructured play.
- [00:23:47] Compassionate parenting for addiction.
- [00:27:58] Understanding ADHD brains.
- [00:31:03] Embracing neurodiversity.
- [00:34:17] Parenting kids with ADHD.
- [00:39:30] ADHD scheduling tips.
- [00:41:17] Neurodiversity and goal orbits.
- [00:45:55] Emotional intensity in ADHD.
- [00:49:30] Gene testing for medication responsiveness.
- [00:53:24] Nutrition and ADHD.
- [00:57:27] Anxiety and ADHD.
- [00:59:39] Embracing Your ADHD Brain.
- [01:06:31] Dogs with ADHD-like behavior.
Are you a mother and ready for a new chapter? The Effective Collective mastermind can help you get there! Book a free exploratory call here.
LINKS and resources mentioned:
Cindy's previous appearances on Late Learner Podcast:
- Understanding your Adolescents
- Could you Raise your Kids like Stranger Things (Surprising Benefits)
- Dealing with Emotions that annoy you
- Teens and screens
- Fixing Dysfunctional Families
- False prophets and Teal Swan
- Reparenting Yourself
- The Laziness Lie
- Where Belonging Begins
- I Hate Playing with My Kids
- Cindy Robinson - The Kid Factory
The Good STUFF (Surprisingly True Useful Fun Facts) Research Sources:
#1: Entrepreneurs and ADHD
#2: Dogs and ADHD:
ALLISON HARE'S LINKS:
- EFFECTIVE COLLECTIVE MOTHER MASTERMIND: Schedule a free exploratory call here.
- AllisonHare.com - Late Learner Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Late Learner IG
- YouTube Channel
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- TikTok - documenting my journey one lo-fi video at a time
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with this link.
- Personal Brand - need help building yours? Schedule a call with me here and let's discuss.
- Feedback and Contact:: email@example.com