Manage episode 376284864 series 2885910
You asked, we answered! Some of the biggest misconceptions about introverts and extroverts are dispelled as I, an obvious extrovert, go head-to-head with my guest, Cindy Robinson, a proud card-carrying introvert.
There were so many surprising truths that we just had no idea unless we talked about it honestly and openly. You are going to walk away with a whole new perspective than you thought - AND a great way to understand each other better and be more connected.
- [00:00:26] Extroverts versus introverts.
- [00:05:19] Misunderstandings of introversion.
- [00:08:07] Nurturing the introvert.
- [00:13:59] Extroverts feeding off energy.
- [00:19:27] Silence in a conversation.
- [00:23:30] Introversion becoming more acceptable.
- [00:26:53] Borrowing calmness and energy.
- [00:30:42] Feeling like I'm too much.
- [00:34:13] Releasing emotions and finding safety.
- [00:38:55] The power of community.
- [00:41:42] Raising an introverted child.
- [00:45:50] Social norms and social anxiety.
- [00:51:06] Saying no to obligations.
- [00:56:00] Different types of energy
- [00:59:01] The pandemic and mental health.
- [01:03:28] Introverts and FOMO
- [01:08:31] Kids' social calendar and workload. [01:13:29] Fear of being wrong.
- Month of Miracles FREE DOWNLOAD- 31 actionable ideas for miracles everyday for a month!
- Apply to Work with Me 1:1: Wanting more support for your big goals? Schedule a FREE breakthrough call
- Apply for the Effective Collective - Mastermind for moms with too much on their plate to get what they truly desire (only a few spots left; starts in September)
- Get on my email list These are the emails you can actually WANT to open. BTS on how I went from burnt-out to audaciously aligned and how you can do it, too!
- Surprisingly True Useful Fun Fact Research
Connect with Cindy Robinson:
Cindy's previous appearances on Late Learner Podcast:
- EP186: Understanding ADHD: tricks and tips you haven't heard with Cindy Robinson
- Understanding your Adolescents
- Could you Raise your Kids like Stranger Things (Surprising Benefits)
- Dealing with Emotions that annoy you
- Teens and screens
- Fixing Dysfunctional Families
- False prophets and Teal Swan
- Reparenting Yourself
- The Laziness Lie
- Where Belonging Begins
- I Hate Playing with My Kids
- Cindy Robinson - The Kid Factory
ALLISON HARE'S LINKS:
- EFFECTIVE COLLECTIVE MOTHER MASTERMIND: Schedule a free exploratory call here.
- AllisonHare.com - Late Learner Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Late Learner IG
- YouTube Channel
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- TikTok - documenting my journey one lo-fi video at a time
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with this link.
- Personal Brand - need help building yours? Schedule a call with me here and let's discuss.
- Feedback and Contact:: firstname.lastname@example.org