Manage episode 377570700 series 2885910
Let's explore the concept of micro-rejections and how they can affect us emotionally. We are discussing the physiological and psychological reasons behind why these seemingly insignificant rejections can hurt so much, especially for individuals with ADHD. My amazing guest is licensed counselor, founder of Humanity Hive, and ADHD specialist, Candin Phillips, who sheds light on Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria. Tune in to learn more about this phenomenon and discover ways to navigate and cope with micro-rejections.
- [00:04:30] What is Rejection sensitivity dysphoria?
- [00:09:39] Women and ADHD diagnosis.
- [00:12:20] Importance of ADHD testing.
- [00:16:06] Overcoming the pressure to perform.
- [00:20:37] Overachievers and people-pleasing.
- [00:25:03] Setting proper boundaries.
- [00:27:22] Setting boundaries and documenting achievements.
- [00:31:54] RSD and assumptions in relationships.
- [00:35:26] Rejection Sensitivity and Medication.
- [00:37:30] Shifting approach to ADHD.
- [00:40:16] Bilateral simulation for healing.
- Schedule a FREE breakthrough call with me Want to take these ideas and apply them to your life? Let's do it!
- Apply for the Effective Collective Mastermind - Mastermind for moms with too much on their plate to get what they truly desire (only a few spots left; starts in October)
- Month of Miracles FREE DOWNLOAD- 31 actionable ideas for miracles everyday for a month!
- Get on my email list These are the emails you can actually WANT to open. BTS on how I went from burnt-out to audaciously aligned and how you can do it, too!
- Surprisingly True Useful Fun Fact Research
Connect with Candin Phillips:
ALLISON HARE'S LINKS:
- EFFECTIVE COLLECTIVE MOTHER MASTERMIND: Schedule a free exploratory call here.
- AllisonHare.com - Late Learner Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Late Learner IG
- YouTube Channel
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- TikTok - documenting my journey one lo-fi video at a time
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with this link.
- Personal Brand - need help building yours? Schedule a call with me here and let's discuss.
- Feedback and Contact:: firstname.lastname@example.org