Manage episode 341879767 series 2885910
Let's get comfortable with the uncomfortable! Allison and Cindy talk about dealing with emotions that aren't the most pleasant - and Cindy puts a new spin on them in a way that can help empower us more than just take us down for good!
Topics covered in the show:
- Checking in with your feelings
- Why do we struggle with uncomfortable emotions?
- Curiosity or compassion
- Toxic positivity
- Loved ones trying to fix your uncomfortable feelings and what to do
- Thought-terminating cliches
- How to hold space for others to feel uncomfortable feelings around you
- Internalizing anger
- What to do when someone drops an emotional bomb
- Debbie downers
- How to deal with emotions when you have lots of walls up
- Oversharing and victim mentality
- Turning around the red zone
- Anger masked as sadness or fear
- Patreon for Culture Changers - Support Culture Changers Podcast by becoming a valued patron and getting all episodes ad-free plus bonus content and community!
- AllisonHare.com - Culture Changers Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with code: ahare under Instructor Referral
- Feedback and Contact:: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices