Manage episode 358719134 series 2885910
The relationships we have with our mothers is just….complicated. And believe it or not, the book “I’m Glad my Mom Died” has been high on the New York Times bestseller list since it was released. Whoo. Our mothers gave us so much. So much good and so much generational baggage inadvertently passed down from our mothers’ mothers and we can’t help but pass it on. So I’m doing something a little different today. I lost my mother a year and a half ago and I connected with Kris Jones, who just recently lost hers. We thought we’d have an honest conversation about our elaborately tangled connections with our moms and the legacy we hope to leave as we continue to screw up our kids…oops, I mean do our very best to improve. I was really struck with how deeply the conversations around weight, beauty, and money were so embedded in her hardwiring.
Kris Jones' Links:
New LL Links and content:
- Book a Free Call with Allison - design your life to wake up from burnout!
- Late Learner IG
- YouTube Channel
Atlanta Wellness Retreats:
ALLISON HARE'S LINKS:
- Atlanta Wellness Tours
- Patreon for Late Learner - Support Late Learner Podcast by becoming a valued patron and getting all episodes ad-free plus bonus content and community!
- AllisonHare.com - Late Learner Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- TikTok - documenting my journey one lo-fi video at a time
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with code: ahare under Instructor Referral
- Feedback and Contact:: email@example.com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices