Laugh At Adversity with Gary Savoie: Inspirational Messages to Conquer Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Relationships, Self-Doubt, and Self-Esteem
009 - Overcoming Retroactive Jealousy, Unrealistic Expectations, And Building Trust In Relationships with Zachary Stockill
Manage episode 199483977 series 1985027
When I first stumbled upon Zachary's website, I had no idea what retroactive jealousy was. Shortly after reading his story, on how in his early years, he allowed his thoughts regarding his girlfriend's past relationships occupy his mind and eventually end their relationship, I realized he'd be a great fit for an interview. At some point in any serious relationship, we have "the talk", about our partner's past relationships. And for some of us, we get into this self-destructive cycle of unnecessary questions, details, analysis, and judgment regarding our partners sexual history.
After his break up, Zachary realized that to have a healthy relationship, he needed to do some self reflection and self development to get over his jealous tendencies. He decided that he was not going to allow retroactive jealousy win. And began a journey of soul searching, experimenting, relearning, risk taking, and help-seeking. Now that Zachary has beaten retroactive jealousy for good, he works with people all over the world to help them do the same.
He's taken everything that he's learned and applied to his own life and has put it out in the universe for the greater good. On his site you can find courses where he guides you through getting over jealousy in your relationship as well as his book that focuses on overcoming retroactive jealousy.
The conversation we shared went much deeper than retroactive jealousy. We discussed jealousy as a whole, connections, how to trust, and so other elements that many of us struggle with in our most intimate relationships. This episode is a must listen for anyone; whether you're in a relationship or not.In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What retroactive jealousy really means
- Why unrealistic expectations can trigger jealousy
- Why every relationship is a gamble
- The alternative to trusting someone
- Why there are no limits when you experience a deep connection with someone
- Why jealousy causes us to hold back our feelings toward our partner
- How we can handle our jealous thoughts
- Why our thoughts are like clouds passing in the sky
- Why we can't really experience love when we are holding back
- The importance of sincere affirmations