Laugh At Adversity with Gary Savoie: Inspirational Messages to Conquer Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Relationships, Self-Doubt, and Self-Esteem
006 - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Acupuncture, And The Power Of Herbs with Mary Claire Dilks
Manage episode 197597838 series 1985027
Mary Claire Dilks is a licensed Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Rhode Island and board certified Chinese herbalist.
As a teenager with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dr. Dilks came to appreciate the power of alternative medicine. She understands how illness can hold us back from fulfilling our dreams and has made it her mission to help people overcome illness.
Dr. Dilks entered the field of Integrative Medicine in 1999 while working at American Whole Health in Chicago with Dr. David Edelberg, an internist who is highly respected in his field working with patients with Fibromyalgia and chronic illnesses. Watching other patients manage and even beat chronic illness using complementary medicine including Traditional Chinese Medicine solidified Mary Claire’s desire to study it further.
After completing her 4 years Master's program at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Mary Claire opened Emerging Energy Acupuncture in 2004 in Providence, Rhode Island where she now practices both acupuncture and herbal medicine.
This interview was a personal one for me because Mary Claire was a big factor in my recovery as I saw her for both acupuncture and herbal treatments for over a year when dealing with chronic pain.In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Her experience with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a teenager
- The direct connection between what you eat and how you feel
- How finding her own healing path inspired her to service others
- What you can expect during an acupuncture treatment
- Some of the benefits of an acupuncture treatment
- Why improving blood flow can help heal our bodies
- How she uses herbs in patient's treatments
- The power behind guided meditations
- The three prongs of health
- Why it's important to make time for yourself