Laugh At Adversity with Gary Savoie: Inspirational Messages to Conquer Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Relationships, Self-Doubt, and Self-Esteem
007 - The Beauty In Our Scars, ACL Injuries, And Professional Soccer with Jordan Angeli
Manage episode 197945311 series 1985027
Former professional soccer player Jordan Angeli knows all too well what it’s like to be injured. Having torn her ACL three times (in the same knee), she still somehow found a way to return to the pro level.
Now retired, Jordan has transitioned her leadership traits into a new purpose: helping others. She’s the founder of theACLclub, which focuses on bringing together a community to support, empower and inspire athletes in persevering through the challenges and triumphs of the ACL journey.
And here’s a surprising fact for you, there are 300,000 ACL surgeries a year in the US alone. You hear about ACL injuries all of the time, especially in pro sports, but I had no idea the number of surgeries was that high!
Jordan is also the host of the Show Your Scars podcast where she features guests with the focus of embracing your scars, overcoming injuries and sharing your strengths. Needless to say, Jordan is a huge influence in not only the ACL community, but a great role model for anyone overcoming sports related injuries.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Her long journey of overcoming 3 ACL tears
- The mental and physical barriers no one talks about with a ACL injuries
- The power behind expressing your emotions during a setback
- Why it’s so important to refocus in everyday life
- How she overcame feeling like a failure when she got injured
- Why journaling was such an important outlet during her recovery
- Why it’s important to sometimes throw expectations out the window
- How she was able to turn her injuries into a greater purpose with the ACL club
- How being a leader on the field has helped her be a leader off the field
- Why she wants people to realize that they can do anything
- Why without struggles there would be very little success
- How serving others can help you change your perspective